This Course is Designed for:
- Law-abiding adult citizens as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law
- Experienced shooters who are able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm.
- Prospective participants should be able to demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment
What to Expect:
This private lesson should take the student between 3-5 hours to complete. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition.
Students will learn:
- Basic defensive shooting skills
- Strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation
- Firearms and the law
- How to choose a handgun for self-defense
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
- The NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Course completion certificate
Before You Sign Up:
Lesson III may also be taught by a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) who possesses an intermediate or higher Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate granted within the state, or an individual currently certified to instruct in this area of the law by the state in which this course is presented.